Monday 23 March 2009

The unmentioned risks of Youtube

Today I was a member of a board that conducted the final examination of some trainees. As you could imagine it was a highly official setting and the trainees were quite a bit nervous. My part was simply to remain silent, to take notes and afterwards discuss the given answers with the other boardmembers and decide upon the grades we would give.

Unfortunately, I have been watching so many Youtube videos lately, that some really silly joke stuck in my memory. So when one of the examinees gave an answer like "in this case size doesn´t matter" I had to work pretty hard to repress the urge of replying "That´s what she said!". I´m glad that I couldn´t watch my face at this, because I think I must have looked pretty stupid.

Only later did it occur to me that this reply would not only have ruined the examination; it would have been a joke on my cost as well...

3 comments:

  1. jajaja!!! I've had that sort of experience as well. The best possible thing to do is to keep that stuff in your head because letting it out is usually a very bad idea.

    boardmembers... sounds powerful : )

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and powerful? Dream on...

    I hope I used the right word. According to the dictionary you can also call it comittee or panel. It just means that there is not just one person to decide something but a few. So much for power.

    I´m glad that I generally use to think before I speak. That doesn´t make me very communicative, but it helps preventing embarrassing situations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worry not my fellow ontic!
    your english is still better than many americans :)

    ReplyDelete